Pinellas County Schools is currently hiring a bus driver.
As a bus driver, you will transport students to and from public schools or facilities by bus. You will also update route and student information, and prepare bus inspection and accident/incident reports. Work is performed under general supervision and direction.
• 5 or more years licensed driving experience and an excellent driving record.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Florida class “B” commercial driver’s license with passenger and school bus endorsements.
• Must pass a state-mandated physical exam, including drug test, and dexterity test.
• Must satisfactorily complete the state-mandated 40 hours of preservice training consisting of at least 20 hours of classroom instruction and 8 hours of behind-the-wheel training based upon the FLDOE’s Basic School Bus Operator Curriculum before transporting students.
• Transport students to and from schools or facilities following a preplanned route and time schedule.
• Inspect bus daily to detect any mechanical condition or malfunction affecting safety or economy of operation. Report any findings to authorized service personnel.
• Drive with care at all times and observe all traffic laws, state and local transportation rules, and procedures incorporated in the Florida Department of Education Basic School Bus Driver’s Curriculum.
• Prescribe, in cooperation with school principals, the seating arrangements of students on assigned buses.
• Instruct students in safe riding practices.
• Ensure students observe all rules prescribed by law and by the state and local boards.
• Maintain order and discipline, under the direction of the school principal, on the part of every student.
• Report to the school principal repeated/serious misconduct on the part of any student while on the bus or under the driver’s immediate supervision.
• Participate in emergency evacuation drills at least once each school semester.
• Attend and participate in conferences and training classes for school bus drivers.
• Maintain preparedness to successfully pass, at any time, a reasonable examination concerning traffic laws, state and local transportation rules, and driving skills.
• Prepare reports, keep all required records, and otherwise assist transportation and school officials in planning bus routes and schedules and obtaining necessary information for a continuous study of all phases of the district’s transportation service.
• Immediately prepare a report to be filed with the appropriate transportation or school official after every accident or incident involving the bus or a school bus passenger.
• Keep the bus clean and neat at all times.
• Maintain a feeling of security in the safety of students.
Meet our hiring managers in person on 5/16!
(Click 'Apply now' for the address)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The School Board of Pinellas County, Florida, prohibits any and all forms of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation or disability in any of its programs, services or activities.